Sunday, September 13, 2009

Rudd, Brumby, Thank you.

I looked for reputation before cost. I figured I would pay the extra and get a small home rather than get caught up in trouble with the builder. I found a great website for ranking Victorian builders

http://www.productreview.com.au/category.php?cat_id=1941&section=ITEMS&next=11

Burbank ranked highly and most importantly the flaws people mentioned about Burbank were consistent and didn't appear to be malicious on the builders behalf. They were problems I could overcome by being watchful. In my dealings with them so far I have found this served me well.
In particular the sales agent has been terrific. He has looked out for my best interests and been direct and honest with me on all occasions, not what I was expecting.

My ideal house was the Generation 2200 but I considered the Victory if I couldn't find the money. Then the Victorian first home grants got a boost, more so for regional areas(like Bacchus Marsh) and the federal grant was extended. I went for the best house I could get for my money, the Generation. I've looked at so many different builders and found that at best they could match the house size with a five star alternative for the same price. There are cheaper homes of course but they come with inadequate heating(reverse cycle for a 3 bdrm home), or some other shortcut. The future series include double glazed awning windows and a water tank plumbed to the toilets, how could anyone go past them.

Anyway, this is my house plan

The living areas face north. Once I figure out how to work it I'll put in a google sketchup version of the house and garden showing how the areas will be used. That thing at the back is the water tank.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Trepidman,

    I will appreciate if you can tell me whether building a generation 2200 on 350 sqm land is alright? I am currently looking for different houses and just fell in love with this house. Land is the trouble, thus the question.

    thanks,

    Howard

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,

    Do you mind to share how much they charge you for this design ( Total everything at the end) ?

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete