Sunday, September 13, 2009

8 hours for colour selection! not if you're ignorant

I don't really want to go into detail here but I've been though colour selection(1.5 hrs, piss easy when you're colour blind). I went for earthy neutral colours and trusted that the gay guy at colour selection followed the stereotype. He put together the exterior and interior colour boards I liked so I have confidence in him.
This is the external colour board I used
The garage door had to be sectional panel lift(covenant). It and the front door is Jasper(couldn't find a sample, its a red/brown colour). No render. The contrast brick is Brown Terrain from this sample
As for the internals. The main colour board was this one
However the floor tile seemed a bit too dark so I went for Marble Ivory(no sample, sorry). Also I hate the fake wood grain so I changed the kitchen and vanity cabinets to formica bark velour finish from this board


There was alot of to and fro as I thought of things I would need and pushed Burbank to make the changes I wanted. You really do have to push and keep your eye on the details. Don't trust them to apply common sense because they're really busy right now and going by the review it was never their strong point. I have reached contract signing now. Just a few questions which may cause some changes and then I can put the finance side of things behind me.

7 comments:

  1. Good colour choices. We will be having our Colours next week with BB and are pretty excited about it....hehe

    We were thinking of similar colour for kitchen cabinets. Is that an upgrade(Formica -Charred Oak Velour finish) and am I looking at big bucks to get something similar ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great colour selection. Local Builders In Torquay and South Devon appriciate quality building materials.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Trepidman. I wonder how your home looked like? I'm into home building & reno because I work for a social media that's all about houses/homes in AU http://www.housenet.com.au/. In fact we are about to release an online renovation tool. Have you tried something like this? Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Trepidman,
    Here’s a funny video we created about the pitfalls of renovation (http://youtu.be/rMK7z_VvnIc). It’s a parody of reality renovation TV shows called Do Birds Renovate? It’s already going viral, and I think your community/audience would enjoy it. We’d love if you could share – thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you think you would have had a better experience if your designer showed you your house, colors and textures in combination? I refer to 3d interior design software. A house is one of the most expensivethings we buy and the best industry can come up with is a sample board as long as your forearm. What the ####?
    I want to look at my home on my computer like everything else. Next time you build a house googling 3d interior design software.

    ReplyDelete